A view of part of the former Canterbury Public Library complex after the 22 February 2011 earthquake. On the left the 1870s section is visible. It has been red-stickered and the ground around it has been spray painted with the words, "Danger, wall". The building on the right is the former Librarian's House, which was built in 1894. It has been enclosed in a safety fence, and a section of masonry from its gable has collapsed. Containers have been stacked between the buildings to reinforce their walls.