FESTA 2014: The Future Will Be Live
The Future Will Be Live was the third iteration of FESTA, the Festival of Transitional Architecture. Alternative futures were explored through a multitude of projects, activities and events that took place throughout the central city and returned life and energy to Christchurch's heart.
4:20am 22nd November 2017
- FESTA 2014 Programme
- A PDF copy of the FESTA 2014 programme. The programme includes a site map of FESTA events and projects, and key information about each one. It is designed to fold out into a poster.
- FESTA 2014: Agropolis Growing
- Photographs of Agropolis Growing - a community working bee which showcased some new, modular planting beds. The event was part of the public programme for FESTA 2014.
- Contains 5 items
- FESTA 2014: CityUps
- CityUps was a 'city of the future for one night only', and the main event of FESTA 2014. It was held on vacant sites at the intersection of Lichfield Street, Manchester Street and High Street. Architecture students from Unitec, The University of Auckland and CPIT collaborated with local businesses to create large-scale, temporary structures to entertain the public.
- Contains 159 items in 2 collections
- FESTA 2014: Dance-O-Rama
- Photographs of Dance-O-Rama - a series of dance-related events and classes on the hour during 11am-3pm for the duration of FESTA 2014.
- Contains 4 items
- FESTA 2014: Dematerialization
- Photographs of Dematerialization - an immersive installation linking physical space and virtual reality. The virtual performance and installation was part of the public programme for FESTA 2014.
- Contains 5 items
- FESTA 2014: Emerge Poetica #5
- Photographs of Emerge Poetica #5 - a calligraphic line of William Yeat's poetry floating in the Avon River. The project was part of the public programme for FESTA 2014 and was accompanied by poetry readings and water calligraphy workshops.
- Contains 8 items
- FESTA 2014: Gimme Shelter
- Photographs of Gimme Shelter - a cardboard-box city-building workshop for children aged 10 and older. The workshop was led by Wellington-based artist Simon Gray. Gimme Shelter was held at The Commons and was part of the public programme for FESTA 2014.
- Contains 3 items
- FESTA 2014: Grandstadium Launch
- Photographs of Grandstadium Launch - the launch event for Gap Filler's Grandstadium at the Retro Sports Facility (The Commons). The Grandstadium is a re-locatable mini-grandstand. The launch event took place as part of the public programme for FESTA 2014.
- Contains 7 items
- FESTA 2014: Launch of Freerange Vol. 9: The Wet Issue
- Photographs of the launch event for Freerange Vol. 9: The Wet Issue by Freerange Press. The event was held at Space Academy as part of the public programme for FESTA 2014. It was accompanied by a water-inspired visual and sonic artwork by Olivia Webb and Noel Meek.
- Contains 18 items
- FESTA 2014: Light Up Your Life
- Photographs of Light Up Your Life - a youth-focused procession of glowing activity and wearable arts through The Arcades Project at The Commons. Light Up Your Life was organised by Gap Filler and was part of the public programme for FESTA 2014.
- Contains 1 item
- FESTA 2014: Milk Fight
- Photographs of Milk Fight - a dairy-fuelled urban food fight organised by local artist Gaby Montejo. The event was part of the public programme for FESTA 2014, and was held on the former Convention Centre site at 100 Peterborough Street.
- Contains 21 items
- FESTA 2014: Picture Palace Parade
- Photographs of Picture Palace Parade - a tour of Cathedral Square's historic cinema sites and outdoor movie screening of Heavenly Creatures. The event was part of the public programme for FESTA 2014.
- Contains 7 items