Townsend Telescope: Historic Material
A collection of photographs and documents about the history of the Townsend Telescope. This collection holds pre-earthquake photographs of the telescope, newspaper articles, documents outlining the history of the telescope, and the Stars in a Cluster book.
6:57am 2nd November 2017
- Stars in a Cluster
- A copy of Stars in a Cluster, a book by the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Canterbury. The book was published in 1996 and edited by W. Tobin and G.M. Evans. This PDF version was created in 2014.
- The Townsend Observatory
- A document outlining the history of the Townsend Telescope and Observatory at the Christchurch Arts Centre. The document was written by Karen Pollard, Associate Professor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Canterbury.
- Townsend Telescope: A brief history
- A document outlining the history of the Townsend Telescope and Observatory at the Christchurch Arts Centre.
- Townsend Telescope: Newspaper Articles
- A collection of historic newspaper articles about the Townsend Telescope. The articles were sourced from the National Library's Paperspast collection.
- Contains 5 items
- Townsend Telescope: Pre-Earthquake Photographs
- A collection of photographs of the Townsend Telescope taken before the 2010 and 2011 Canterbury earthquakes.
- Contains 10 items
- Townsend Telescope: Visitors' Book
- A collection of material about the Townsend Telescope Visitors' Book. The Visitors' Book was recovered from the rubble of the Christchurch Arts Centre's Observatory Tower following the 22 February 2011 earthquake. The book was badly damaged by the earthquake from being exposed to the elements. UC CEISMIC, in conjunction with the Department of Physics and Astronomy, have digitised the pages in order to preserve the record of visitors to the Townsend Telescope. The book was digitised using a Atiz Book Drive Pro.
- Contains 2 items