The Diabetes Centre caters for people with diabetes who are over the age of 14 years within the Canterbury District Health Board area.
- individual appointments with a range of health professionals with specialised knowledge in the management of diabetes
- on-going specialist follow-up of people with Type 1 diabetes and complicated Type 2 diabetes
- and group education for people with newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetes, people with Type 2 diabetes moving onto insulin therapy, and people with Type 1 diabetes on an intensive insulin regime or going to start insulin pump therapy
They also participate in research programmes studying causes of and new treatments for diabetes.
This collection holds photographs, stories, video, documents, and presentations from the Diabetes Centre relating to the 2010 and 2011 earthquakes.
9:24pm 6th November 2017
- Diabetes Centre Information Sheet
- A patient information sheet outlining practical issues affecting members of the diabetes community in Christchurch after the 22 February 2011 earthquake. This information sheet was given to diabetes patients after the earthquake to help them manage their condition.
- Diabetes Centre Photographs
- Photographs of the earthquake damage and repairs to the Diabetes Centre after the 4 September 2010 and 22 February 2011 earthquakes.
- Contains 129 items
- Diabetes Centre Presentations
- Presentations given by Diabetes Centre staff about diabetes in Christchurch after the 22 February 2011 earthquake.
- Contains 2 items
- Diabetes Centre Stories
- Accounts from Diabetes Centre staff members about their experiences after the 22 February 2011 earthquake.
- Contains 5 items