This collection holds research contributed by academics from the University of Canterbury and other tertiary institutions.
1:04pm 25th October 2017
- Seismic Assessment of Existing Masonry Buildings
- "Seismic Assessment of Existing Masonry Buildings" was a seminar presented at the University of Canterbury by Professor Sergio Lagomarsino from the University of Genoa on 27 February 2014. The seminar demonstrated recent European research into modelling strategies, target performances and acceptance criteria for seismic assessment of masonry buildings.
- Contains 3 items
- Thesis Project by Shermine Kwok
- An honours-level thesis report and accompanying photographs by Shermine Kwok, an undergraduate student from the National University of Singapore. Shermine attended the University of Canterbury on an exchange in 2012. Inspired by the resilience of Christchurch and its residents, she returned to Christchurch to study the creative urban regeneration efforts since the earthquakes of 2010 - 2011.
- Contains 85 items in 1 collection
- UC CEISMIC Contestable Fund Mini Conference
- On 5 June 2013, UC CEISMIC ran a mini-conference for projects funded by their Contestable Fund. This collection holds videos from each projects' presentation.
- Contains 10 items
- UC Civil and Natural Resources Engineering
- The Department of Civil and Natural Resources Engineering is the top ranked engineering department in New Zealand. Their research activities have gained them an international reputation, attracting many overseas visitors who bring worldwide expertise to the department and its students. This collection holds photographs taken by Elizabeth Ackermann, Umut Akguzel, and other staff from the department after the 4 September 2010 and 22 February 2011 earthquakes.
- Contains 1,168 items in 3 collections
- University of Canterbury Earthquake Lecture Series 2011
- A series of lectures presented by University of Canterbury staff on various topics surrounding the Canterbury earthquakes. The lectures were held on campus on Wednesday evenings in July and August 2011.
- Contains 6 items
- University of Canterbury Lifelines Week 2013
- The 2013 University of Canterbury Lifeline Week was an event which aimed to connect national and international experts researching strategies for enhancing lifelines with local and government authorities. Invited speakers included international experts and high-level local and government authorities including the Treasury and the Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority (CERA). It was organised by Dr Sonia Giovinazzi and Dr Deirdre Hart with the support of the UC Resilience Network (the UC Quake Centre, the UC CEISMIC digital archive, UCR3, and NZI3). More information can be found at http://www.comsdev.canterbury.ac.nz/rss/news/?feed=news&articleId=1068.
- Contains 16 items in 2 collections