Ben Post's Earthquake Videos
Videos of aftershocks from the Canterbury earthquakes, taken by Ben Post.
2:32pm 25th October 2017
- 26 December 2010, 10:30 am
- A video capturing an aftershock from the Canterbury earthquake on 26 December, 10:30 am. After a sharp aftershock in the morning, Ben Post set up the camera on a tripod and kept it running during the morning. The windows shown are approximately three metres square and double glazed.
- 22 February 2011, 1:04 pm
- A video capturing an aftershock from the Canterbury earthquake on 22 February 2011, 1:04pm. After the 6.3 magnitude earthquake at 12:51pm, Ben Post set up his camera on a tripod and left it running. The movement of the water in the fish tank during the quake suggests that the shaking is up and down. The camera also shows this effect; due to the lightweight material of the tripod, the camera is shaken about more than the surroundings.
- 13 June 2010, 2:20pm
- A video capturing an aftershock from the Canterbury earthquake on 13 June 2011, 2:20 pm. A strong shake after lunch time caused Ben Post to set up his camera in his workplace, capturing this aftershock. The camera is mounted on a small sturdy tripod on top of a table with wheels.