Environment Canterbury Documents and Reports
9:22am 2nd November 2017
- Brochures (ECan)
- Contains 5 items
- District Engineering Lifelines Reports (ECan)
- These seven reports, covering nine districts and running from 2000 until 2009, are comprehensive district-scale analyses of earthquake hazards, focusing particularly on engineering lifelines (critical infrastructure). Christchurch City and Lyttelton were covered in the 1997 engineering lifelines report Risks and Realities (published by the then Christchurch Engineering Lifelines Group, of which Environment Canterbury was a member). See Collection Overview for background and usage information.
- Contains 9 items
- Fault Mapping Studies (ECan)
- A programme of active fault trace and fault avoidance zonation mapping for land use planning is currently underway for all districts within Canterbury (except for Christchurch City, which has no known active fault traces at the ground surface). So far mapping has been completed for Ashburton District (2009) and Mackenzie District, including detailed fault avoidance zoning of the Ostler Fault at Twizel (2010). Fault avoidance zone mapping of the Greendale Fault was also undertaken after the September 2010 Darfield (Canterbury) earthquake to assist with redevelopment on and adjacent to the fault trace. See Collection Overview for background and usage information.
- Contains 5 items
- Liquefaction Studies (ECan)
- The Waimakariri and Christchurch liquefaction studies (2000-2005), are Environment Canterbury’s most detailed analyses of liquefaction susceptibility. See Collection Overview for background and usage information.
- Contains 6 items
- Regional Earthquake Hazard and Risk Assessment Studies (ECan)
- Environment Canterbury undertook regional earthquake hazard and risk assessment studies between 1997 and 2008. The main purpose of the studies was to quantify the earthquake hazard from faults within and near Canterbury, and to quantify the earthquake risk (incorporating hazard and consequences). See Collection Overview for background and usage information.
- Contains 8 items
- Water Reports (2010- )
- A collection of reports and documents detailing earthquake impacts on water quality and ecosystems.
- Contains 11 items