- Building Evidence: Statistical tools and surveys - Address by Liz Macpherson
- A video of an address by Liz Macpherson, Government Statistician and Chief Executive at Statistics New Zealand, at the 2014 Seismics and the City forum. This talk was part of the Building Confidence section.
- Liz Macpherson
- 1:00pm 28th March 2014
- Statistics New Zealand, statistics, research, confidence, SmartNet, Seismics and the City, Liz Macpherson
- Fairfax Video, October 2013 (5)
- Aerial footage of a site in Avondale where several liquefaction remediation options are being tested. Gelignite explosives have been buried throughout the site. These will be set off to simulate liquefaction caused by an earthquake. The result, if successful, will help EQC protect people's houses from future earthquakes, and settle land claims. The video was recorded using a drone aircraft.
- 7:44am 18th October 2013
- drone, UAV, research, liquefaction, Avondale, EQC, red zone, residential red zone, explosion, Media, Communications and Journalism
- Seismics in the City 2016 - Working Together Strengthens Understanding
A video of a presentation by Hugh Cowan, General Manager of Reinsurance, Research and Education at EQC, at the 2016 Seismics in the City Conference. The presentation is titled, "Working Together Strengthens Understanding".
The abstract for the presentation reads, "Hear how EQC led a collaborative research project in Canterbury that involved diverse stakeholders from government, council officials and insurers to homeowners, and why collaboration means that Canterbury's geotechnical data is now helping to inform research locally, nationally and around the world."
- Hugh Cowan
- 3:29am 19th March 2016
- Seismics and the City, SmartNet, Hugh Cowan, EQC, Earthquake Commission, research, collaboration, insurance, government, local government, community