Showing 1 - 2 of 2 results.
- Santana Did Not Rock 'n Roll Christchurch
- A billboard on the side of the Christchurch Town Hall advertises a performance by Santana on Tuesday 22 March 2011. The photographer comments, "Due to the earthquake the previous month Carlos Santana cancelled the concert. He did return though for a concert on 17 March 2013".
- Steven Taylor
- 2:09am 19th July 2011
- Carlos Santana, concert, AMI Stadium, cancelled, poster, 22 February 2011, art, quake art
- MARYROSE CROOK, PURPLE PILGRIMS, THJE
- A poster advertising performers Maryrose Crook, Purple Pilgrims and Thje. The photographer comments, "Maryrose Crook, Purple Pilgrims, Thje. Saturday 26 Feb (2011). HSP 9PM $5. HSP stands for High Street Project. Here is the introduction for her concert 'Maryrose Crook's spectral voice and calenture tunes float through New Zealand giants, The Renderers' psychic country-punk and splatter rock, and emerge in her solo encounters with horripilated grace and filigree menace. Purple pilgrims' wraithish hymns evolve through a braided field of curled nautical drone and distant littoral roar, abstract thrums and change-rung celestial rustle'. She was supposed to perform on 26 February, but I am guessing the concert was cancelled due to the major earthquake in Christchurch on the 22nd. The horrendous quake made the venue at 84 Lichfield Street out of limits due to it being in the dangerous earthquake red zone. It looks like she next performed on the 17 May at the Loons in Lyttelton".
- Steven Taylor
- 10:22am 26th June 2012
- Maryrose Crook, Purple Pilgrims, Thje, High Street Project, CBD, poster, splattered, mud, splashed, dirty, Lichfield Street, singer, 22 February 2011, cancelled, Red Zone