- People in Disasters Conference - Putting People at the Heart of the Rebuild
A video of a presentation by Ian Campbell, Executive General Manager of the Stronger Christchurch Rebuild Team (SCIRT), during the third plenary of the 2016 People in Disasters Conference. The presentation is titled, "Putting People at the Heart of the Rebuild".
The abstract for this presentation reads:
On the face of it, the Stronger Christchurch Infrastructure Rebuild Team (SCIRT) is an organisation created to engineer and carry out approximately $2B of repairs to physical infrastructure over a 5-year period. Our workforce consists primarily of engineers and constructors who came from far and wide after the earthquakes to 'help fix Christchurch'. But it was not the technical challenges that drew them all here. It was the desire and ambition expressed in the SCIRT 'what we are here for' statement: 'to create resilient infrastructure that gives people security and confidence in the future of Christchurch'. For the team at SCIRT, people are at the heart of our rebuild programme. This is recognised in the intentional approach SCIRT takes to all aspects of its work. The presentation will touch upon how SCIRT communicated with communities affected by our work and how we planned and coordinated the programme to minimise the impacts, while maximising the value for both the affected communities and the taxpayers of New Zealand and rate payers of Christchurch funding it. The presentation will outline SCIRT's very intentional approach to supporting, developing, connecting, and enabling our people to perform, individually, and collectively, in the service of providing the best outcome for the people of Christchurch and New Zealand.
- Ian Campbell,
- 9:43pm 25th February 2016
- People in Disasters, conference, Ian Campbell, Stronger Christchurch Infrastructure Rebuild Team, SCIRT, rebuild, infrastructure, plenary, Health and Wellbeing
- Photograph by Paul Corliss 3075
- A photograph of a sign advertising the SCIRT website on the banks of the Avon River.
- Paul Corliss
- 2:34am 11th February 2013
- sign, SCIRT, infrastructure, Stronger Christchurch Infrastructure Rebuild Team, Avon River, Community