Showing 1 - 2 of 2 results.
- Fairfax Video, February 2011 (4)
- Aerial footage of Christchurch recorded the day after the 22 February 2011 earthquake. The footage shows damage to the Smith City car park, the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament, the CTV Building, the PGC Building, the Durham Street Methodist Church, the Lyttelton Timeball Station, the roads alongside the Avon River, and the ChristChurch Cathedral. It also shows New Zealand Army road blocks outside the hospital, crushed buses on Colombo Street, a Royal New Zealand Navy vessel in Lyttelton Harbour, rock fall on the Summit Road, collapsed cliffs in Sumner and Redcliffs, tents set up in a park, flooding in New Brighton, and liquefaction in QEII Park.
- Daniel Tobin
- 2:23am 23rd February 2011
- aerial, Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament, ChristChurch Cathedral, Lyttelton, Lyttelton Timeball, cordon, hospital, Summit Road, flooding, New Brighton, QEII, liquefaction, Durham Street Methodist Church, CTV, PGC, bus, Queen Elizabeth II Park, Media, Communications and Journalism
- Fairfax Video, November 2011 (1)
- A video about field trials conducted by the Department of Building and Housing at Queen Elizabeth II Park in Christchurch. Fifty kilograms of explosives are being used to simulate a magnitude-4 earthquake at a distance of 10 kilometres. The aim of the trials is to test soil-strengthening techniques that could be used to repair damaged land in Christchurch.
- Daniel Williams, Daniel Tobin
- 5:00am 2nd November 2011
- Department of Building and Housing, QEII, Queen Elizabeth II Park, explosive, explosion, soil strengthening, land, spoil, Media, Communications and Journalism