- People in Disasters Conference - Panel Three
A video of the panel discussion during the third plenary of the 2016 People in Disasters Conference. The panel is made up of keynote speaker Alexander C. McFarlane and guests Ian Campbell and Duncan Webb.
- Alexander C. McFarlane, Duncan Webb, Ian Campbell,
- 10:30pm 25th February 2016
- People in Disasters, conference, plenary, panel discussion, Professor Alexander C. McFarlane, Dr Duncan Webb, Ian Campbell, Health and Wellbeing
- People in Disasters Conference - Putting People at the Heart of the Rebuild
A video of a presentation by Ian Campbell, Executive General Manager of the Stronger Christchurch Rebuild Team (SCIRT), during the third plenary of the 2016 People in Disasters Conference. The presentation is titled, "Putting People at the Heart of the Rebuild".
The abstract for this presentation reads:
On the face of it, the Stronger Christchurch Infrastructure Rebuild Team (SCIRT) is an organisation created to engineer and carry out approximately $2B of repairs to physical infrastructure over a 5-year period. Our workforce consists primarily of engineers and constructors who came from far and wide after the earthquakes to 'help fix Christchurch'. But it was not the technical challenges that drew them all here. It was the desire and ambition expressed in the SCIRT 'what we are here for' statement: 'to create resilient infrastructure that gives people security and confidence in the future of Christchurch'. For the team at SCIRT, people are at the heart of our rebuild programme. This is recognised in the intentional approach SCIRT takes to all aspects of its work. The presentation will touch upon how SCIRT communicated with communities affected by our work and how we planned and coordinated the programme to minimise the impacts, while maximising the value for both the affected communities and the taxpayers of New Zealand and rate payers of Christchurch funding it. The presentation will outline SCIRT's very intentional approach to supporting, developing, connecting, and enabling our people to perform, individually, and collectively, in the service of providing the best outcome for the people of Christchurch and New Zealand.
- Ian Campbell,
- 9:43pm 25th February 2016
- People in Disasters, conference, Ian Campbell, Stronger Christchurch Infrastructure Rebuild Team, SCIRT, rebuild, infrastructure, plenary, Health and Wellbeing