Showing 1 - 2 of 2 results.
- Creating Modern History
- Part of Mike Hewson's installation 'Homage To Lost Spaces' in the Cramner Courts building, photographs of people riding bicycles have been inserted into a gap in the building. The photographer comments, "Cranmer Courts was very badly damaged in the quakes that unexpectedly hit Christchurch. Originally big photographs were put into the holes where the doors and windows were, but now these massive pictures have been put across the boarded up ends of the buildings to keep them alive in the minds of the people of Christchurch. The project was thought up by Mike Hewson".
- Steven Taylor
- 11:48pm 8th September 2012
- Cranmer Courts, Cranmer Square, Homage to Lost Spaces, cycle, biking, Mike Hewson, CBD, heritage, building, history, historical, mural, photograph, 22 February 2011, damage, broken
- BeckerFraserPhotos December 2011 photograph 0313
- An aerial photograph captioned by BeckerFraserPhotos, "Victoria Square is at the centre of this picture with its green lawns and trees. The bare patch of earth in front s the demolition sites of the Allan McLean building, the Oxford on Avon, and Plunket House. The contract to demolish the Crowne Plaza Hotel has been let, while the fate of the Town Hall is still undecided. The Convention Centre is coming down. On the very bottom, slightly to the right is the Medlab building which is also to be demolished. In the bottom left corner is the PWC building which is also to be demolished".
- 6:22am 14th December 2011
- Armagh Street, Cashel Street, CBD, central city, Colombo Street, Convention Centre, Copthorne Central, Cranmer Square, Crowne Plaza, Forsyth Barr building, Hereford Street, High Street, Hotel Grand Chancellor, Kilmore Street, River Avon, The Crossing, Town Hall, Triangle Chambers, Victoria Square, Victoria Street, Westpac Building, Worcester Street, aerial