Showing 1 - 20 of 156 results.
- Cracks in the Veneer
- Large cracks run through the brick cladding of this house in Wainoni. The photographer comments, "During the numerous earthquakes in Christchurch the land which ran alongside the Avon river on Avonside Drive slumped towards the waterway. Houses which were wooden framed and had an external brick veneer started to sink into the liquefied soil. This caused the brick walls to crack, but the houses' occupants though shook up were saved by the wooden framework from the houses collapsing on them".
- Steven Taylor
- 11:05pm 26th May 2012
- damage, brick, brickwork, veneer, broken wall, diagonal, loose, bricks, Avonside Drive, Avondale, Wainoni, house, home, sunk, sunken, slumped, liquefaction, 22 February 2011, 4 September 2010, cracks, RedZoneApp
- BeckerFraserPhotos September 2010 photograph 060
- A hole in the side of the road along Avonside Drive. A blue pipe can be seen inside the hole. Pipes like this were used to provide temporary water supplies to the neighbourhood while the water system was being repaired.
- 12:10am 14th September 2010
- RedZoneApp, Avonside Drive, water, Avonside
- BeckerFraserPhotos December 2011 photograph 0370
- An aerial photograph of a residential area in Avonside. The photograph has been captioned by BeckerFraserPhotos, "Sullivan Park, Avonside. All of this is residential red zoned except for a tiny piece in the top right hand corner".
- 6:28am 14th December 2011
- RedZoneApp, aerial, Avonside, Avonside Drive, Galbraith Avenue, Maling Street, residential red zone, Robson Avenue, Sullivan Park, Acland Avenue