- Engineering collaboration with Red Cross
- A document which outlines how SCIRT and the New Zealand Red Cross worked together to aid the recovery of Christchurch.
- Martine Cusack
- 12:00pm 10th April 2017
- Red Cross, collaboration, recovery, community, humanitarian
- Seismics in the City 2016 - Working Together Strengthens Understanding
A video of a presentation by Hugh Cowan, General Manager of Reinsurance, Research and Education at EQC, at the 2016 Seismics in the City Conference. The presentation is titled, "Working Together Strengthens Understanding".
The abstract for the presentation reads, "Hear how EQC led a collaborative research project in Canterbury that involved diverse stakeholders from government, council officials and insurers to homeowners, and why collaboration means that Canterbury's geotechnical data is now helping to inform research locally, nationally and around the world."
- Hugh Cowan
- 3:29am 19th March 2016
- Seismics and the City, SmartNet, Hugh Cowan, EQC, Earthquake Commission, research, collaboration, insurance, government, local government, community
- Seismics in the City 2016 - Engaging: Generating community input and feedback (Part Two)
A video of a panel discussion at the 2016 Seismics in the City Conference. The panel is titled, "Engaging: Generating Community Input and Feedback".
Leanne Curtis of Breakthrough Services, Evan Smith, Programme Manager of Eastern Vision, and André Lovatt, CEO of the Arts Centre, respond to questions from the floor. Brendon Burns, of Brendon Burns and Associates, facilitates the discussion.
The theme of the panel reads, "'Regenerate Christchurch must and will engage with the community around what will be done' (André Lovatt, Chair, Regenerate Christchurch). Learning from the past by tapping the wisdom of communities and applying the lessons to the future as we shape the new city."
- André Lovatt, Brendon Burns, Evan Smith, Leanne Curtis,
- 1:29am 19th March 2016
- Seismics and the City, SmartNet, Brendon Burns, Brendon Burns and Associates, Leanne Curtis, Breakthrough Services, CanCERN, Evan Smith, Eastern Vision, André Lovatt, Regenerate Christchurch, Christchurch Arts Centre, rebuild, recovery, community