- Seismics in the City 2016 - Working Together Strengthens Understanding
A video of a presentation by Hugh Cowan, General Manager of Reinsurance, Research and Education at EQC, at the 2016 Seismics in the City Conference. The presentation is titled, "Working Together Strengthens Understanding".
The abstract for the presentation reads, "Hear how EQC led a collaborative research project in Canterbury that involved diverse stakeholders from government, council officials and insurers to homeowners, and why collaboration means that Canterbury's geotechnical data is now helping to inform research locally, nationally and around the world."
- Hugh Cowan
- 3:29am 19th March 2016
- Seismics and the City, SmartNet, Hugh Cowan, EQC, Earthquake Commission, research, collaboration, insurance, government, local government, community
- Seismics in the City 2016 - Panel (Part 1)
A video of a presentation by Hon. Nicky Wagner, Associate Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery, during a panel at the 2016 Seismics in the City Conference. The panel has three themes:
A City on the Move: Collaboration and Regeneration: "'Christchurch is now moving rapidly from the recovery phase into a regeneration stage with Central and Local Government working with the wider community, including the business community to ensure we get optimal outcomes for greater Christchurch' (CECC)."
Looking Back: Remembering and Learning: "What are the milestones? What are the millstones? What have we learnt? What have we applied?"
Looking Forward: Visioning and Building: "What do we aspire to? What are the roadblocks? What is the way forward?"
- Nicky Wagner,
- 9:31pm 18th March 2016
- Seismics and the City, SmartNet, Nicky Wagner, Member of Parliament, Associate Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery, government, recovery, regeneration, collaboration
- The Inner City - Address by Brendon Burns
- A video of an address by Brendon Burns, Facilitator at Brendon Burns & Associates MACRO Communications, at the 2014 Seismics and the City forum. This talk was part of the Building Communities section and explored the extent to which the new city core will be a 'government-flavoured doughnut', the key issues with this concept, and the possible solutions.
- Brendon Burns
- 1:00pm 28th March 2014
- community, government, issues, solutions, autonomy, democracy, SmartNet, Seismics and the City, Brendon Burns