- Health and Wellbeing (x)
- Dr Jeanne LeBlanc (x)
- video/mp4 (x)
- Moving Image (x)
- People in Disasters Conference (x)
- plenary (x)
- Search results
- People in Disasters Conference - Panel Two
A video of the second panel discussion at the 2016 People in Disasters Conference. The panel is made up of keynote speaker Dr Jeanne LeBlanc and guests Dr Penelope Burns and Dr Phil Schroeder.
- Jeanne LeBlanc, Penelope Burns, Phil Schroeder,
- 5:10am 25th February 2016
- People in Disasters, conference, plenary, panel discussion, Dr Jeanne LeBlanc, Dr Penelope Burns, Dr Phil Schroeder, Health and Wellbeing
- People in Disasters Conference - Machetes and Breadfruit: Medical disaster response challenges in unstable settings
A video of the keynote-presentation by Dr Jeanne LeBlanc, Registered Psychologist, during the second plenary of the 2016 People in Disasters Conference. LeBlanc is a Registered Psychologist, specialising in Clinical Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation. She is the British Columbia Psychological Association (BCPA) Representative for the American Psychological Associate State, Territorial and Provincial Disaster Response Network, and has also been appointed as the Behavioural Health Liaison to the American Board of Disaster Medicine. The presentation is titled, "Machetes and Breadfruit: Medical disaster response challenges in unstable settings".
The abstract for this presentation reads as follows:
The January 2010 earthquake in Haiti resulted in a massive response to a setting which was already fraught with danger, causing a number of personal, logistical, and safety challenges to responding medical teams. This presentation will provide a first-person account of this experience from the perspective of a behavioural health professional, whose responsibility was both the overall emotional wellbeing of the medical responders, as well as those impacted by the quake. Unique 'lessons learned' by these response teams will be highlighted, and recommendations will be provided for responders considering deploying to future events in highly unstable areas.
- Jeanne LeBlanc
- 3:41am 25th February 2016
- People in Disasters, conference, Dr Jeanne LeBlanc, recovery, wellbeing, keynote, plenary, Health and Wellbeing